PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE
At Barnes & Cohen, we know that it’s important to look ahead and plan well. A severe brain or back injury may mean that one spouse has to quit work to take care of the accident victim’s injuries and daily needs. In severe cases, the victim may require a higher level of care or around-the-clock care and need the services of a nursing home. Even younger victims who need extensive care, often move to facilities where this is available. Insurance companies know clients that are not represented by an experienced attorney are more likely to settle for less compensation without assessing all of the future expenses the victim and their family may encounter.
All these expenses mean that it’s critical to get a verdict or settlement that fully covers your needs. This is why it is almost never advisable to accept the first settlement that the insurance company offers. An attorney who is experienced in personal injury and who has trial experience can offer great insight into compensation you will need and deserve.
If a spouse, child or other family member suffered a brain or spine injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault, then get an experienced professional on your side to help you understand the true long-term value of your case and your future needs.
EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE AND SUCCESS
- $1,819,000 Settlement – Industrial Accident A tire changer received significant brain injuries following the explosion of a tire rim on the truck he was in the process of repairing. A two-year battle against the tire manufacturer and owner of the truck resulted in a settlement just before the federal jury trial.
- $675,000 settlement following motor vehicle accident requiring neck surgery. Male claimant, 45 years of age, employed as truck driver, received injuries necessitating cervical fusion. Settled without necessity of litigation.
- $375,000 settlement for closed head injury following motor vehicle accident. Neurological testing showed minor brain damage to male claimant along with soft tissue neck and back injuries.
- $475,000 settlement for low back surgery following motor vehicle accident. Surgery only partially successful. Claimant was wife and mother and was unable to perform household services and part-time job. Litigation resulted in settlement just before trial.
- $650,000 settlement for truck driver injured in accident with tractor-trailer. Back surgery only partially successful. Plaintiff not able to return to job as truck driver.
NOT SURE WHAT YOUR CASE IS WORTH? GET A CONSULTATION.
Speak with a personal injury lawyer before talking to the insurance company or accepting any offer. Contact Barnes & Cohen and protect your rights, speak with a spine and brain injury lawyer. You can also read more about what your case might be worth. Hablamos español. With offices in Jacksonville, St. Marys and Brunswick, we are convenient to you. In Florida, call 904-300-1659. In Georgia, call 912-208-2578.
Over 4 Decades of Successful Personal Injury Experience
2747 Art Museum Drive, Suite 500
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Kingsland/St. Marys Office
Kingsland/St. Marys Office
887-H Kings Bay Rd.
St. Marys, GA 31548