Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Northeast Florida
Barnes & Cohen is recognized as the leading Personal Injury Firm in Northeast Florida, with an office in Jacksonville to serve injured victims in the area. Our Florida office has been handling personal injury cases for over 35 years, providing each client with consistently excellent services to collect the compensation they deserve.
At Barnes & Cohen, we pride ourselves on our ability to secure an appropriate financially secure resolution for our clients who have suffered due to another party’s actions or negligence. By outworking the opposition and vigorously standing up for your rights at trial and throughout settlement negotiations, our team delivers the best results for your success.
WE ADVOCATE ON BEHALF OF FLORIDA ACCIDENT VICTIMS
After being in an accident, qualified legal guidance is necessary to properly handle important questions regarding medical expenses, legal fees, and settlement offers. As our client, you will benefit from our knowledge, experience, and network of resources, along with a trustworthy lawyer who will always keep you up to date with your case. You can trust that our attorneys know what it takes to get justice for accident victims. No matter how complex your situation may be, Barnes & Cohen will work to provide clear and sound advice on every possible issue.
We proudly represent injured clients in all types of personal injury cases, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents including: Auto Accidents, Trucking Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents, and Boating Accidents.
- Medical Malpractice: Misdiagnosis, Failure to Diagnose, Wrongful Death, Surgical Errors, Hospital Acquired Infections, Nurse and Hospital Staff Errors, Overdose, Birth Injuries, Hospital Falls, Informed Consent.
- Animal Attacks including: Dog Bite Injuries, Wrongful Death or Injuries from Attacks from Various Animals that occur due to negligent owners.
- Premises Liability: Negligent Security, Slip & Fall Injuries, Injuries due to Inadequate Maintenance, Defective Products.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Nursing Home Negligence, Wrongful Death, Nursing Home Falls, Verbal Abuse, Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Infectious Diseases.
WE KNOW FLORIDA AND GEORGIA PERSONAL INJURY LAW
- Are you a Georgia resident injured in Florida?The laws are different in each state and can make a big difference in your case. You need an attorney who understands both Georgia and Florida law to make sure those laws protect your rights and work to your advantage.
- Are You a Florida resident injured in Georgia?Georgia laws will govern and there are some important advantages in accident cases. Disadvantages, however, include a much shorter time period for bringing your claim, including as short as six months to bring a claim against a municipality. The trial lawyers of Barnes & Cohen, P.A., are knowledgeable and experienced in Georgia and Florida laws, and we know how the laws of each state can be best applied to our client’s benefit.
- Military personnel: We work with TRICARE, the VA and Navy legal on many of our cases for servicemen and servicewomen. Barnes & Cohen cares about our men and women in the military. If you or your loved one has suffered a tragic injury, we are here to help.
- If you were bit by a dog, you should know that Florida has strict liability laws regarding dog bites, while Georgia law effectively gives dog owners “one free bite” if the owner did not know that the dog posed a danger to others. The owner can claim ignorance the first time around. You need an experienced law firm to investigate and help you get the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT BARNES & COHEN FOR A TRUSTED PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Our personal injury attorneys at Barnes & Cohen are knowledgeable and experienced with Florida and Georgia accident laws and know the proper steps to take to pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact Barnes & Cohen today to schedule a free case review and learn more about how we can help you.
Barnes & Cohen is a Jacksonville personal injury law firm dedicated to providing strong advocacy to personal injury clients throughout North Florida and South Georgia for over 40 years.
2747 Art Museum Drive, Suite 500
Jacksonville, FL 32207